EADS’ support services for families includes three free services:
FREE “Powerful Tools for Caregivers” Click HERE to learn more and register.
- This training gives caregivers specific tools they can use to make sure their caregiver duties don’t crowd out all of the other important relationships and activities in their lives.
- Tools that help them access additional resources, handle difficult family communications, find space in their lives for activities beyond caregiving and help them make better decisions about care.
- In her book, Passages In Caregiving, noted author Gail Sheehy wrote: “I cannot recommend highly enough the ‘Powerful Tools for Caregivers’ training program.”
- FREE respite care is provided for all course sessions. Classes are usually held once per week, for six weeks.
FREE Individual Counseling
- Feeling overwhelmed? Need someone to talk to who understands the challenges you’re facing everyday.
- Qualifying family caregivers can receive three free one-on-one counseling services with Amber Wolf, an experienced Mental Health Counselor Associate with a Masters in Counseling Psychology degree.
- Available, with an appointment, in person at Bellevue and Des Moines Centers or via telephone in Bainbridge Island.
- Sessions may also be purchased for $25/hour (for qualifying caregivers).
FREE Respite Care
- Called “Destinations,” this program—which would normally cost $60—provides three free hours of respite care to family caregivers one Saturday/month. The family caregivers get a needed break while the “Destinations” participants enjoy three hours of travel-related activities.