Day center programs offer several advantages over other options that you might be considering:
- Our expertise is broad and deep. We don’t do just nursing or just recreational programming. We have RNs, LPNs, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers and experienced program assistants on staff–and they work as a team to ensure that our centers provide a safe environment and an optimal experience for our clients.
- All of our services are provided at our clean, bright and warm day centers. Bringing your loved one to a center-based program means:
- You don’t have to let anyone into your home. Your privacy and security aren’t compromised.
- Your loved one will benefit from our social and recreational programming. This can reduce the social isolation and depression that is often a consequence of a chronic illness or disability.
- Your loved one will be cared for by a team–not just one person. That’s safer and allows us to draw on many different personalities and skill sets.
- Our holistic programs include more than just healthcare–our social and recreational programming is designed to help every client engage the world to the fullest extent possible. Our goal is a meaningful day for every client, every day.
- We work with you to develop an Individual Achievement Plan (IAP) for your loved one that goes beyond their physical needs. We support your efforts to provide them with a rich, rewarding life. We set goals together and monitor progress toward those goals.
- Day center programs are the most cost-effective community-based service. Whether your loved one needs day care or more intensive day health services, EADS can provide a full suite of services–including nutritionally balanced meals–at a third the cost of home care services.
Click here to read the 2012 study by Genworth Financial which showed that day centers offered the lowest cost community based services–across the nation and in Washington.